DIRT backup to remote share

Unanswered Question
Mar 1st, 2007

We have a UNITY VM system (in its own domain) and we are trying to schedule a backup to a remote share(different domain). If we do it manually then it works fine. If we schedule it to do it locally then it works fine. If we schedule a backup to the remote store we do not get any activity(apparently), i.e. theres nothing in the DIRT logs showing failure and nothing in the event logs(app and security). I have seen other posts on this same issue but no specific fixes that work here.I am running the backup with an account that is local admin and with rigts to mailstore, I am also using 2 hop...TIA, Jag.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 3 (1 ratings)
Zin.Karzazi Fri, 03/02/2007 - 04:21

It has to do with the account you are using to do the Backup, be sure that he have rights to "Write" on the remote location also check if you can connect to the remote location (use map drive: type in the server \\server.domain\, use the same account as the backup account) and see if you can connect.

HTH

askq2forum Sat, 03/03/2007 - 13:50

Zin,

thanks for your reply, most appreciated. When I run it manually to the remote share which is a mapped drive it works fine so I have the rights as the share is giving all rights to everyone - is it ok to assume that means anyone from another domain aswell??

I'm logged on to Unity using Unityinstall account and mapped onto customers network using their domain account - as I said when I do it manually it works ok but when its scheduled I get nothing. DIRT thinks it has run because the schedule says the next run will be the following day even though theres no log for today. thanks again.. Jag

Actions

This Discussion