cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI light still on

mpozorski
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 7940 IP Phone that I cannot get the MWI light to turn off. The phone has one line on it and I have verified that there is not a voice mail box setup on Unity for the line so I am confused as to why the phone is showing that there is a voice message. Has anyone ran into phones showing that there are messages when there are no voice mail boxes associated with the line that is assigned to the phone?

6 Replies 6

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

There could be many reason why MWI light is on for this phone. It could be something as simple as someone dialing the MWI On number from the Phone.

The easiest way to turn of MWI for the Phone would be to dial the MWI Off number that has been configured on the CM from the IP Phone or reset the phone.

I have reset the phone several times both via call manager as well as directly from the phone. But I did not even think of the MWI on/off numbers. I will give that a shot when I get back to that office. Thank you for the help.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Matt,

Mahesh is right on the money with the MWI ON/OFF number. I just thought I would throw in another method you can use if you don't want to or can't actually go to the phone to physically dial the MWI OFF number. Setup a VM box on the DN in question, quickly go through the enrollment,send a message to the new mailbox. Then access the mailbox,delete the new message, and "Bob's your Uncle" the MWI Light will be off.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob and Mahesh - All of you folks on here are so terrific and have helped me out so very much. Hopefully as a get more knowledge of the product I will be able to help out folks on here as much as you guys have helped me. Thank you.

Hey Matt,

First off, you are most welcome :) The forums have been a great learning tool for all of us and always interesting. Good to have you aboard!

Rob

You can also delete the MWI extension assigned to the subscriber then readd it

ALSO you can enable and disable MWI.

Message Waiting Indicators (MWIs)

Use MWI for message notification

You'll find this under Messages.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: