Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA deployment option questions

william.culver
Level 1
Level 1

Here is my scenario:

I currently have a PIX 515E at one location. We will be migrating to a two or three location redundant configuration with separate ISP connections from separate providers. These sites are connected by dark fiber internally. I would like to acquire ASA devices and be able to deploy them in an Active/Active failover implementation.

My question is this. I also have separate IDS, Content Filtering (using N2H2 with PIX), Anti virus/spyware, etc., and we use the Cisco PIX for firewall and VPN services. I want to get ASA's that have all four "editions". Is that an option? I think I can, but am unable to determine from the review I have done so far.

If I can configure with all services, then I just need to narrow my decision to bandwidth, number of users, number of ports, etc. and configure each unit identically.

Anyone who can provide insight, please do or if there is anything I am missing, let me know that as well.

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Hi William,

I think your setup of how you tought this out is pretty OK.

After reading this I don't thing you forgot something...

If the money is there I would do it like that.

ASA'S are very good devices and work very well from my expierience ...

Do you have specific models in mind?

If you find this post usefull

please don't forget to rate this

#########################################

#Iwan Hoogendoorn

#########################################

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card