cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5520 strange behavior

jeffland_98
Level 1
Level 1

A one page description of the problem is attached with a sketch. The Firewall is not allowing access from a router that it should be by access rules. A sanitized version of the running cfg is also attached.

3 Replies 3

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

The following procedure shows the basic configuration required for this example. This procedure is similar to the configuration shown in " Basic Configuration Examples:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps4077/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008045a77c.html

abinjola
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

can you turn on your debug pings..usng debug icmp trace and then notice ICMP request hitting SMF01 from RT01 ?

I first want to make sure that the request is at least reaching the firewall...and then we can take it further...

I was able to see the ICMP build in the ASA SM-FW01 using ASDM live logging and then be torn down after the 2 sec timeout for ICMP.

BTW- The problem with the DB DMZ was not part of this - I caused it while trouble-shooting by redoing the routing and forgetting to replace the route to the SM-DBDMZ.

But I still can't ping the SM-FW01 from the EM-RT01 and it is mystifying me.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card