Views
Helpful
Replies

NAT Configuration woes

mattcrossley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I've been struggling with configuring my shiny new 871 ISR to work using NAT, and I've had absolutely no luck.

I can ping (from an inside PC) this inside interface of the router, as well as the outside interface of the router.

from the router, I can ping everything.

I just can't get from the internal PC to outside at all. I've snooped the traffic on another PC that is on the outside "WAN", and there's no traffic.

I've used the SDM tool to create the NAT rules, and also stripped out everything but the basics, but nothing seems to help.

This is really driving me crazy. Any help would be much appreciated. Maybe it's something too obvious that I'm missing?

Thanks,

Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ahmednaas
Level 4
Level 4

Matt,

You have "no ip routing" in your config. This prevents the router from functioning properly. try this:

router#config t

router(config)#ip routing

router(config)#ip cef

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

ahmednaas
Level 4
Level 4

Matt,

You have "no ip routing" in your config. This prevents the router from functioning properly. try this:

router#config t

router(config)#ip routing

router(config)#ip cef

I can't believe I missed that.

Thanks, that's done it!

In regards to your next message, shouldn't that remain as .1, since that's the next-hop router? (default gateway)

OK, that was not clear in the config.

ahmednaas
Level 4
Level 4

also your "ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.10.1.1" seems to be pointing in the wrong direction. It should be pointing to your WAN interface, which appears to be 10.10.1.111.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card