Views
Helpful
Replies

Vista support for Cisco Clean Access?

conchango-aff
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

Is there any news of Vista support for the CCA agent? I have read the following statement:

"Note: Releases 4.1(0), 4.1.0.1, or 4.1.0.2 do not support Windows Vista.

Only 4.0(x) releases starting from 4.0(4) and 4.0.x.x Agent versions starting from 4.0.4.0 support Windows Vista."

Are there any timescales associated with these releases? Also, does anyone know if 4.1.x will support Vista (as we have recently upgraded).

Regards,

Rob

3 Replies 3

pcomeaux
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rob -

Looks like CCA added support in 4.0.4 for Vista.

Support for Windows Vista Operating System

Release 4.0(4) adds the following new Clean Access Agent configuration support for Windows Vista operating systems:

?Full Clean Access Agent support for Windows Vista operating systems Windows Vista Home, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Ultimate, and Windows Vista Enterprise.

?Administrators can now configure Agent checks/rules/requirements and hotfixes for Windows Vista with release 4.0(4) and version 4.0.4.0 of the Agent.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6128/prod_release_note09186a008066ac3c.html#wp702819

Have you tried this version?

thxs

peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the response. We are running 4.1 at the moment, and were hoping not to have to revert back to the 4.0.x train - I'm not quite sure of Cisco's intentions of keeping two versions running in parallel?

We did find out yesterday that support for Vista will be included in 4.1.1, which is due out at the end of April. This is a little far for us, so it may be a case of 'downgrading' to 4.0.5 and then going back to 4.1.x when Vista supported is added.

Regards,

Rob

Hi Rob -

I do apologize for missing that part of your question.

Let us know what other questions we can help you with.

thxs

peter