CCNA

Unanswered Question
Mar 2nd, 2007

Hi,

anybody know is it possible to pass CCNA exam without taking any courses?I mean if i prepare just myself can i just come and pass exam??

thank you

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4 (2 ratings)
angel_in_night Fri, 03/02/2007 - 17:10

thanks,

I have got a lot of books, test simulators and different router simulators as well.I think it is enough.I just was not sure is it obligatory to be registered with any academy or any courses!!!!

did you pass your exam finally? what was it like?

and may be you know, is it easy to find any job as cisco ccna engineer? and how to do that?

thank you very much!!!!!!

Danilo Dy Fri, 03/02/2007 - 22:38

Hi, as I said earlier I passed it the first try :) I currently have CCNP, CCDP, and CCSP. For CCNP, CCDP, and CCSP its not as easy as my CCNA and CCDA because there are questions that you can only answer if you have hands-on (or real world experience) plus they have simulations.

If you study hard and cover a lot of topic plus hands-on or real world experience, the exam is very simple. One exam I can't forget, which is Remote Access, I already booked the exam but I can't concentrate in my studies because I was troubleshooting my customer Frame Relay and ISDN overseas. What luck, what I was troubleshooting help me passed the exam in a record time (I think not more than 30 minutes). I got 960 points, my highest in all the exam so far.

For the job, it depends on the organization you want to join, or the interviewer. For me, I want to interview all our network professional applicants. So far, all those who passed my interview performed very well in the job. I'm not looking for certifications from the applicant, if the applicant say he/she have experiences on this and or know this, I will ask questions on those items and my questions are in different levels so I can gauge the applicant skill sets on the item. My questions are combinations from the book, theory of operations, real world experiences, applicants best practice in real world. Sure a lot of applicant with very impressive CV that doesn't passed my interview :)

Sometimes, even if the interviewer have a list of applicant who passed the interview. The company can't hire them because they ask too big a package. I have one who didn't passed my technical interview at all but the person is trying so hard to prove itself to me, I think I have a six sense. I trained this person and its a very quick learner, at the end this person performed well in the field than some of the other team CCNPs :)

I better take someone with good working attitude, responsible, fast learner, honest, hard working (to some extent), continue to improve itself, can work alone (to some extent), and team player than those with so many certifications, keep complaining in the job, dishonest, doesn't want to learn other things, etc..

stevebybee Sat, 03/03/2007 - 07:00

I too am preparing myself to take the CCNA, and I am currently using Test Out Prep software, I know where my weak areas are at. But what should one expect on the test? Is there alot of sims or questions on the OSI model? On average how long does it take to complete the test, and is it timed?

chrisavants Thu, 03/08/2007 - 23:24

There are two sims on the 640-801 exam. This is the merger of the intro and icnd. One is a network completion sim. The other is an OSPF sim. The exam is timed, youll have to look under certifications (CCNA) for the time. It is just over 80 questions I believe. If your comfortable configuring Cisco Routers, Switches (HAVE SUBNETTING DOWN)<- It helps with many answers. No the OSI well, and basic troubleshooting basic senarios.

If you want to know what exactly is on the exam visit certifications/ccna

Let me know if you have anymore questions I just renewed mine!

tom.nisbet Thu, 03/08/2007 - 23:57

53 questions in 90 mins - and you can only work forward through the exam and not go back to previous questions.

Read the book, study hard and you should be fine

Tom

s_rizwanh Thu, 03/15/2007 - 12:25

Hi :

Sure, it is possible to pass ccna exam. CCNA intro and CCNA ICND by Wendell Odom are good enough for passing CCNA.

Good Luck in your exams,

Bye

edrooney Sat, 03/17/2007 - 08:51

The Sybex and Cisco Press cert kits (book + simulator) should get you through. If you work through each lab in the sim and can nail all of the practice questions that come with the kit, you should be good.

hecg Fri, 05/11/2007 - 15:05

Hi edrooney,

Are you talking about the Lab Samples and the Demo Simulator from Boson that comes on CD with the two books of Cisco Press or did you get the Complete version of Boson Simulator?

Thank you

Actions

This Discussion