Views
Helpful
Replies

IPMA

darijohorvat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Is it possible for assistant to view line status on console (for defined lines), for users that are NOT configured as managers?

thx

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Darijo,

You can only view the Line Status for Managers, have a look;

Tip** You can monitor but cannot handle calls that appear in the My Managers panel of the console. These are calls that you have already redirected to your manager, or calls that your manager has placed or received directly.

Call Details

Call details consist of the manager's line number, the call duration, and the caller ID:

Line-The actual extension number for the manager's primary phone line; a phone icon indicates the line state.

Call duration-The real-time duration of an active call that was placed or received by the manager. The timer starts as soon as a call is initiated (outgoing) or received (incoming). The timer stops when the call is dropped or transferred.

Caller ID-The name (if available) and number of the person to whom the manager has placed a call, or from whom the manager has received a call. Assistant console will display forwarded call information when the information is available.

From this good IPMA doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5015/products_user_guide_chapter09186a00801eba14.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

thx Rob, but I was hoping that there is a function that missed me :), but seems there is not...

Then this question, how many managers can one assistant handle?

(yes, you quess my point, add say 10-15 managers to same asisstant, pass all calls directly to managers, and lines are watched by one console)

Hi Darijo,

One assistant could have up to 33 Manager Lines.

"Depending on the number of managers assigned to you, you will see one to 33 lines in the "Manager lines" section of the My Calls panel."

From the doc I sent you

Hope this helps!

Rob

something strange happening !?

Thx, this was helpfull

Darijo,

The answer to your question is in this link.

Restrictions

The following restrictions apply to Cisco IPMA:

?One manager can have up to 10 assigned assistants.

?One assistant can support up to 33 managers (if each manager has one IPMA controlled line).

?Cisco IPMA supports up to 1024 assistants per Cisco CallManager cluster.

?Cisco IPMA does not support hunt groups/queues.

?Cisco IPMA does not support record and monitoring.

?Cisco IPMA does not support onhook transfer (the ability to transfer a call by pressing the Transfer softkey and going onhook to complete the transfer).

?Cisco IPMA does not support the one-touch Call Pickup feature.

?Cisco IP Phone Model 7940 supports only two lines or speed-dial buttons.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/4_1/sys_ad/4_1_3/ccmfeat/fsipma.htm

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: