Mobile CCIE Lab Exam

Unanswered Question
Mar 2nd, 2007

Will Cisco has a plan to conduct CCIE Lab exam in more countries/cities for a few days once or few times a year like Juniper thus?

Well, we know that Cisco has offices worldwide so presence and space is not that a problem - just widen a bit. It will help CCIE wannabe to save the cost of traveling overseas, board and lodging, other expenses, the hassle of getting a visa to the destination country, the hassle of everything there is to get to the foreign country and being in a foreign country just to take a CCIE Lab exam specially nowadays that some country is over-reacting about terrorist threats.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
Danilo Dy Fri, 03/02/2007 - 23:25

What do you mean by cheating is easier that way? In what way the examinees can cheat?

If there is, then I don't believe that it cannot be done on current CCIE Lab exam centers.

I don't believe also that whatever security provided to maintain the integrity of the CCIE Lab exam in the current CCIE Lab exam centers cannot be implemented in the suggested coverage of more cities/countries.

swmorris Sat, 03/03/2007 - 18:31

There isn't any technical reason this couldn't be done, except that the reality is different for Cisco certifications versus Juniper certifications. Cisco has far more full-time proctors for the exams. So for them to add more testing centers, that would increase the travel time for those proctors (who may not be used to travelling at all).

With Juniper, while they have proctors in the US fulltime, any other location, the proctor is actually someone in their educational services group, which means that the majority of the time those people are travelling around teaching classes. So labs are scheduled at some time and location that lines up with where those people will be anyway, and the volume of test takes is significantly less.

I have heard of discussions about Cisco doing this as well, but nothing official and nothing concrete, so I wouldn't hold my breath for it to happen.

HTH,

Scott

[email protected]

CCIE and JNCIE (just in case you cared (grin))

Danilo Dy Sat, 03/03/2007 - 22:17

Thanks for more informative response Scott. I do hope Cisco will cover more cities/countries in the future, so others will not feel being left out for many reasons. It's tough to a majority of netpro to travel to other cities/country just to take the exam.

I encourage others to give their view as well to the benefit of the majority.

Actions

This Discussion