Out of memory errors on stacked 3750's

Unanswered Question
Mar 2nd, 2007

We have 6 sets of stacked (2) 3750's that have seemed to all have a memory leak/problem. Not sure if the error occurred all at the same time, but we noticed the problem when CWSI couldn't contact them anymore on a scheduled inventory collection. These all have dual connected (port-channeled) servers connected to them and they are dual (port-channeled) back to a pair of 6509's. Due to the memory error, we are unable to console/telnet into them to find out more on the memory problem. A reboot clears it, but as these all have critical servers on them, that is not an easy option. My biggest question is whether any knows if there is a problem with memory leaks on the code they are running (12.2.25 SE) and whether upgraded code would resolve this?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Danilo Dy Fri, 03/02/2007 - 07:36

That IOS has bug, used it in one deployment and found out later its being deferred (DF). My problem is not the same though. Get a new version and upgrade it, get a 12.2.35 SEn (n stand for number 1, 2, or 3)

hoogen_82 Fri, 03/02/2007 - 07:45

It is best to post the show version when such questions are asked. We could be specific in givein you answers then..

Cheers

Hoogen

Actions

This Discussion