Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting multiple segments

rstorey4494
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning.

I've got a question on how to combine subnets. I have 3 small closed networks, all utilzing a ip range of 192.168.1.xxx

These networks have no "outside" connectivity to the world and are located in 3 seperate physical locations.

To allow me to manage the applications and such that run on these networks, I am going to bring dedicated connections into a single location so that I can access these networks remotely.

Currently, I have a Point to point T1 connecting me to one network and I utilize Cisco 1841's on either end of that. However, I will pull fiber for connectivity to the other two nets. Both buildings are withing 500 feet of me.

What I want is to have all 3 networks have a Cicso router at the "network" end and a single router in my lan room that connects to all 3. Then, I want to be able to have one or more PC's to be able to connect to any of the 3 networks as needed.

Any thoughts as to the best method to implement this? I think the router side is pretty straight forward, but the PC connectivity is stumping me for the moment.

I'm thinking I can use the routing table and mac addresses of my machines, but I'm not sure.

Thanks

Bob

1 Reply 1

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

You could configure an extended access list on the router to which those PCs are connected allowing them to access other networks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card