Change router{s ip using SDM

Answered Question
Mar 2nd, 2007

Hi,

I have a 1721 cisco router with one adsl wic installed.It has a wan address with we want to change because our ISP needs to change ....

Using SDM , which is the best way to do?If I change the ip using SDM the router will change my nat configuration from the older WAN address to the new??

Best regards

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by spremkumar about 9 years 6 months ago

Hi Edgar

You can check out whether your actual NAT/PAT statement pointing out your interface or the ip configured on your interface.

If its pointing towards your interface i dont think you really need to change anything on the nat statements.

Also i feel your SP might have provided dynamic ip which may change time to time whenever you get connected..

regds

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
spremkumar Sun, 03/04/2007 - 21:15

Hi Edgar

You can check out whether your actual NAT/PAT statement pointing out your interface or the ip configured on your interface.

If its pointing towards your interface i dont think you really need to change anything on the nat statements.

Also i feel your SP might have provided dynamic ip which may change time to time whenever you get connected..

regds

edgar-quintana Mon, 03/05/2007 - 05:27

Hi,

My ISP provides me a static IP address.

I do not understand this->You can check out whether your actual NAT/PAT statement pointing out your interface or the ip configured on your interface.

Best regards

Actions

This Discussion