cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Registering IP Communicator as SIP device on CCM 5.0(4)

tarnott123
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I will appreciate help on this one. I am trying to register IP Communicator as SIP phone on CallManager 5.0(4).

I get "Registration Rejected: Error DBConfig" error on the screen. SCCP registration works fine.

Any tips? Thanks.

5 Replies 5

mark
Level 1
Level 1

There is no SIP IP Communicator available yet, it is coming sometime this year and I can only guess that the CCM developers thought they would add in the SIP IP Communicator device profile so you wouldn't have to upgrade CCM when it comes out.

There are plenty of other SIP clients that work fine though with CCM 5.04

Ok, thanks, I thought so. I am basically trying to get some software IP SIP Phone simulator to test some configurations. Could name some pls?

If you are serious, you should purchase something like Abacus for simulation, but is lots of $$

If you are just looking for a SIP softphoine to test, I use the EyeBeam client.

I don't know of any, but there must be some open source sip simulation/load testing code out there too.

Hi, folks.

X-Lite is a good option to test SIP softphone.

Tks

I downloaded X-Lite and installed it. Now trying to register with CCM 5.0.

When I try to add New Phone, the Phone Type dropdown only gives me Third-party SIP device (basic or advanced). Is this correct or did you use a different Phone Type? Also, what Phone Type in CCM4.1, which doesn't even have 3d-party SIP device options?

And then on the phone configuration page it asks me to enter MAC address. I guess it should be MAC of my PC, right?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: