Views
Helpful
Replies

system recovered from a fatal error

prasad_vara
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I am trying to use university library at home by using VPN client 4.8.01.0300. But when I give my University password, laptop shuts down automatically and upon restart says system recovered from a fatal error

I am using HP nc8430

I am attaching the error report

please help

5 Replies 5

Danilo Dy
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did you see the technical information of the error? Did you sent it to Microsoft? Did Microsoft provide you any knowledgebase how to fix the problem?

There are common problems encountered using VPN client in Laptops, i.e.:

1. Multiple VPN Clients are installed

Try disabling other vendors VPN Clients (from the Services) before installing Cisco VPN Client. Also disable them before using Cisco VPN Client. Else, try uninstalling other vendors VPN Client before installing Ciso VPN Client

2. If your laptop is not certified to run the OS installed (i.e. XP) but you still install it. Use the OS that is certified to run in your laptop.

3. Virus and/or Trojan is trying to hijack your VPN connection. Try using the following to clean your PC:

Online Virus Scanner http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

Trojans and other malware scanner http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html

4. The laptop's NIC driver is not compatible with the VPN Client you are trying to run to create a virtual adapter

5. Disable "Routing and Remote Access" service before using any VPN Client if they are running.

Did you see the technical information of the error? Did you sent it to Microsoft? Did Microsoft provide you any knowledgebase how to fix the problem?

NO. BEFORE SHUTTING DOWN SCREEN TURNS BLUE WITH SOME INFORMATION, BUT IT APPEARS FOR ONLY ONE SECOND. I DONT KNOW HOW TO GET THAT

There are common problems encountered using VPN client in Laptops, i.e.:

1. Multiple VPN Clients are installed

NO

2. If your laptop is not certified to run the OS installed (i.e. XP) but you still install it. Use the OS that is certified to run in your laptop.

I AM USING THE FACTORY SETTINGS. NONE CHANGED

3. Virus and/or Trojan is trying to hijack your VPN connection. Try using the following to clean your PC:

I CHECKED IT. MY LAPTOP IS CLEAN

4. The laptop's NIC driver is not compatible with the VPN Client you are trying to run to create a virtual adapter

MIGHT BE. I THINK HERE IS SOME CONFLICT. THEN HOW TO RESOLVE THIS

5. Disable "Routing and Remote Access" service before using any VPN Client if they are running.

I DIDNT GET THIS ONE

4. Any other error in Event Viewer that will point to the root cause of the crash? So that when you raise a case with either vendor (Cisco, HP, Microsoft), you have the error to provide as information

5. Routing and Remote Access service is in the Windows Services, some VPN Client have problem when this is running.

Have you installed latest security and driver patches from Microsoft Update?

5. Routing and Remote Access service is in the Windows Services, some VPN Client have problem when this is running.

IT IS ALREADY DISABLED

Please see attachments for the error reports. I am not a computer specalist. I just want to access university library for journals. I am trying to give as much information as possible by me. Thanks for ur help

All of the screen capture shows a link to Microsoft Knowledge base to learn more about the ERROR and probably provide solution to fix it. Did you have a chance to go tho those links specially the 3.bmp?

I did the search for you for the ERROR in 3.bmp and here it is http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817197

CAUSE

This problem occurs because the driver for the USB Universal Reader from Lexar Media, Inc is not compatible with Windows XP.

RESOLUTION

To resolve this problem, obtain and install the latest driver from Lexar Media, Inc.

STATUS

Lexar Media, Inc. has confirmed that this problem occurs when you use a version of their Sausb.sys driver with Windows XP that is earlier than version 4.6.