cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

pix525 7.2(1)+winxp l2tp over ipsec vpn

yuanxinqiang
Level 1
Level 1

how to configure l2tp over ipsec vpn between pix525 7.2(1) vpn server and windowsxp professional self vpn dial software(outside).which expert cao provide successful sample configuration.help me ,thanks!

3 Replies 3

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

This document describes how to configure Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP) over IPsec from remote Microsoft Windows 2000/2003 and XP clients to a PIX Security Appliance corporate office using pre-shared keys with Microsoft Windows 2003 Internet Authentication Service (IAS) RADIUS Server for user authentication. Refer to Microsoft - Checklist: Configuring IAS for dial-up and VPN access for further information on IAS.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a00807213a7.shtml

I have configured LT2P over IPSEC vpn on an ASA 5520, works great as long as I use a IP pool on the ASA. I've been unable to get DHCP to work through the firewall, it works fine with same config if I use the Cisco client. Any ideas?

I used ethereal capture windowsxp sending package,then I found XP sending 5 isakmp policies.the lifetime are all 28800 seconds.but your document mentioned the lifetime is 86400.why?please explanation as soon as possible.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card