Views
Helpful
Replies

quest on unity

msulieman
Level 1
Level 1

hi

i was asked: does the cisco unity 4.x do modify (change) the schema of MS active directory or just it does read only,

assuming that i have unified messaging deployment and unity is installed on a MCS with the active directory of the enterprise being a lone on the enterprise server (not on-box), and another MS exchange server.

if unity changes the AD, then how it do this, and are u with me that it is risky, and one should install unity being integrated with AD and Exchange on a lab environment each on a trest server prior to deploy unity in the real environment (the enterprise network)? then to join to the real AD and exchange for the enterprise?

also, what is the possibility to damage or making any impact on the enterprise AD if the unity installation/ first time integration fails?

please help

3 Replies 3

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Yes, you have to update the schema on the first DC/GC in the forest. Check these links.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a008022b8ad.html#wp1675057

What exact objects are created in AD are described here.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_white_paper09186a00800e4535.shtml

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

so, can i integrate the unity (during its installation) with a test AD and Exchange, tyhen when every thing is tested, i then integrate unity with the official enterprise AD and exchange? is this possible, and do u advise to do so, have u also a link how to accomplish this if any?

thanks Sankar for ur helpful answers

any ideas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: