Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco works cant display more then 10k of syslog error

trfunite
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

Recently i encounter the above mention problem. I manage to find a alt solution from cisco web site. But is there any fix for cisco works to resolve this problem? Please advice. Thanks a lot.

5 Replies 5

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

what version of ciscoWorks?

perhaps you can look into IPM (internetworkPerformanceMonitor), the ciscoWorks successor.

not sure if they're fixing that bug for CW anymore since IPM is what cisco is pushing.

please see the following link for more IPM info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps1008/products_user_guide_chapter09186a0080087847.html

Be careful with what you mention above...IPM is not a CiscoWorks successor. IPM is one of the components of CiscoWorks LMS and has been so for a while.

IPM does not have the same functionality as RME, CM or CS.

What is the problem with syslog? Is it that you can't view more than 10000 messages in standard reports or cannot collect more than 10000 messages?

It only allows me to view 10k of the messages but nothing more then that.

I know exactly what you're talking about here. When you run a syslog report, the max amount of syslogs you can see through the GUI is 10,000. Unlike many other apps within CiscoWorks, it doesn't appear to allow you to scroll to the next page, it simply cuts you off.

Is there away to change this 10,000 limit? Some setting in a config file somewhere maybe?

One cannot modify this number: it is hardcoded. The workaround is to generate a tighter query to limit the number of messages.