IP-IVR DST Updates

Unanswered Question
Mar 5th, 2007

We are currently running IP-IVR 3.5(3), which provides queuing and prompting for our IPCC Enterprise solution. We do not do any agent selection or reporting through the IVR. I understand that I will need to go to version 3.5(4) plus SR and engineering special to get patched for DST changes occurring this weekend. (I have already patched the OS to 2000.4.4 SR 2).

The Cisco field notice (62571) states that we will see issues with Incorrect Reporting Data and Incorrect trace file if we do not update for DST. Since we don't do any reporting through the IP-IVRs and if we can deal with timestamps being off in traces, I'm wondering if we need to do this patching at this time. Does anyone else have any thoughts on this subject?

Thanks in advance for any input.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Chris Deren Mon, 03/05/2007 - 19:36

If correct time on these servers is not critical to you for the above mentioned reasongs, you should not worry about patching the system. It will not bring it down or anything, the only bad thing you'll see is the time off by 1 hour :-)

Chris

walteryork Tue, 03/06/2007 - 10:12

I am in the same boat, I've updated my OS to 4.4a sr2 and am concerned about upgrading IPCC from 3.5.3 to 3.5.4 + sr + engineering release. How will reporting be off on the IPCC box if the OS has been updated with the DST patch.

1. Doesn't the database get its time from the OS?

2. What exactly will not work properly in this situation?

Actions

This Discussion