Views
Helpful
Replies

Netconfig error msg: What does it mean?

kjackson74
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know what this means:

Deploy command partially failed Insufficient no. of interactive responses(or timeout) for command: copy run start.

(When I telnet to the device, no commands were executed. The snmp string is still the same in both running and startup.)

I was trying to change snmp community strings in LMS and the first batch of devices I did went fine. I copied the job and chose the next group and that is the error message I get for all of them. I took out the copy run start command (I know you can check the box at the end of netconfig, but it was failing, so I decided to try adding an ad hoc job that would do it) and then it ran the snmp commands.

My end goal is to change the snmp strings without logging in to each device. And to make sure that the config is copied to the startup config.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Kari

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This error indicates you've incorrectly specified an interactive command. What are the exact contents of your Netconfig ad hoc template?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This error indicates you've incorrectly specified an interactive command. What are the exact contents of your Netconfig ad hoc template?

Oh. I see what you are saying. My command just says copy run start, and the device will want a destination filename. Is there a way to run interactive commands like that? As you can tell, using Netconfig is new to me. I will try to find the answer in the forums and on Cisco's website, but if you know how to do it, I would certainly appreciate the help.

Thank you

Kari

Found it. CLI Command command response.

Entered that and now I no longer get the original error message. Thanks for your help.

(But it still won't do a copy run start. Are there some sort of permissions/access issues that I am missing somewhere that blocks LMS from copying the running config into startup config?)

Nothing in LMS. Could be a permissions issue on the device (i.e. command authorization). You will need to debug the job and/or get a sniffer trace of what RME is sending to the device, and what the device is sending back.