Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity reconfiguration guestion

mpower78
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a customer who has 1 unity 4.2.1 with exchange 2000 (no failover) environment and Unity is in its own AD domain as domain controller. Cutomer wants to implement failover for unity.

New message store server will be Windows 2003 OS and thinking about using Exchange 2000 server CD that came with Unity 4.0.5 (upgraded to 4.2.1 lately) and this server will be running AD

Questions:

1. Can I use message store (exchange 2000) cd that came with unity to install exchange 2000 on new windows 2003 server platform?

2. I know I can seperate exchange from unity server but can I demote existing unity server from being Global catalog and domain controller and configure new exchange server for AD?

3. What migration path do I need to use it?

thanks

1 Reply 1

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You cannot install Exchange 2000 on a Windows 2003 server. See the following link for confirmation.

support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321648

You could move the domain controller and GC functions to the new server. You would need to promote the new server to a DC/GC first, allow replication to take place and then demote the current server.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: