Views
Helpful
Replies

LWAPP doesnt support GSM mobile phones

srihari_rgda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are facing problem with GSM Mobile phones are not getting connected to LWAPP wireless AP's.

but with the same configuration and same mobiles phones are supporting to Autonomous AP's.

Could any one suggest me the reason of this.

Regards

Srihari

4 Replies 4

brispin
Level 1
Level 1

For a LWAPP AP, the configuration od SSID and profiles in client and the WLC should match. So, ensure that you have the same configurations in WLC(Wireless LAN Controller) that administers this particular LWAPP.

this case is if we dont broadcast the ssid then we need to configure on the handsets butin my case we have seen laptop users are connecitng but only handset(ipad) have problem connecting to wireless

Ap's run LWAPP

We just ran into this exactp same issue at a customer site with Samsung i730 SmartPhones.

The fix that TAC came up with (after the SmartPhone was sent to them) was to set the 802.11b data rates (1Mbps, 2Mbps, 5.5Mbps, 11 Mbps) to either "DISABLED" or "MANDATORY".

In the customer's specific application, 1Mbps was DISABLED, and data rates 2, 5.5, and 11 were "MANDATORY".

1 Disabled

2 Mandatory

5.5 Mandatory

6 Supported

9 Supported

11 Mandatory

12 and above Supported

Note: if the device is 802.11b only, you will DEFINATELY have problems if the data rates of 6 and 9 Mbps are set to MANDATORY (since 802.11b does not support these rates).

Anyway, I hope this helps...

- John

Try enabling the Aironet IE under the WLAN config. I found my Verizon smartphone which has a LEAP client would only connect if the Aironet IE was enabled (CCX).

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card