cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Playing VM through phone causes login prompt

noahrichardson
Level 1
Level 1

Whenever I try to play back VM from the computer to the phone it brings up a user logon prompt. I've un/re-installed, still didn't fix it. It's happening to 2 of 100 people. any guidance?

12 Replies 12

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Make sure that the Unity server name is correct in VMO options.

Brandon

Yeah, it's right, but it is still prompting for server/username/password

Also make sure the AD account is not locked out or the password expired.

Brandon

Checked, not locked out or expired.

Just logged her in on my computer and it worked, on her computer it doesn't validate.

Try the following:

1. Open regedit.

2. Go to HKEY_USERS\SID\Software\Cisco Systems\Cisco Unity\Media Master\Profiles

3. Delete any profiles listed

4. Close Outlook

5. When you open Outlook it will reconfigure VMO.

Brandon

I did that, and it did reconfigure VMO. It's still prompting for user/pass/domain and errors with "Access was denied when connecting to the voice server. To use the telephone you must be logged into Windows using the account associated with your subscriber account." Thanks for the help BTW, this has been driving me nuts

Go to Control Panel -> User Accounts -> Manager passwords (This can be a couple of different places). If there are any entries there, remove them.

Is the account you're logged into Windows as the same as the Unity account?

Brandon

No entries in the manage passwords, the account is the same. Also, when she logs in from my machine it works

One option would be to rename her profile in c:\documents and settings, have her log back in so a new profile gets created and setup Outlook/VMO again. If that works, you could copy documents, favorites, etc from the old profile to the new.

Brandon

we just started a new profile for her this week, and the problem was happening before then as well. I've also un/reinstalled office 2003.

anybody have any clues?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: