cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Integrating FXO

sheerazkhatri
Level 1
Level 1

I want to integrate FXO port with CCM4.1. For this, I installed VIC2-2FXO on 2811 router with 12.3(8r)T7 IOS. I configured the following to turn ON MGCP on this gateway.

ccm-manager mgcp

!

mgcp

mgcp call-agent 10.3.1.196 service-type mgcp version 0.1

mgcp dtmf-relay voip codec all mode cisco

mgcp validate domain-name

Than I added this gateway on the CCM. CCM correctly detected the installed FXO ports on router. I configured the port in Loop start mode and forwarded the incoming call on FXO to one of my extension. When call is received on router, I had to give the PLAR and voip dial peer to forward the call to CCM.

voice-port 0/2/0

connection plar 4584

dial-peer voice 100 voip

destination-pattern 4584

session target ipv4:10.3.1.196

Incoming call is fine but I cant see the caller ID. It says Unknown Number !!! Any help??

For making outgoing calls, I added a calling search space, a route list with the MGCP gateway and assigned the calling search space to a DN where incoming calls are forwarded. I also configured a pots dial peer that matches the fxo port. Configuration is:

dial-peer voice 1000 pots

destination-pattern 6.T

port 0/2/0

6.T is because I have cofigured the route pattern to drop the pre dot digits and append 6 to the destination pattern. This destination pattern matches the pots dial peer and should make a call. But call is not going through. After I dial the digits, I hear the fast busy tone. Please any help?

Sheeraz

5 Replies 5

MikeTomasko
Level 4
Level 4

FXO Cards with an MGCP Gateway do not support caller ID. You will have to setup the gateway as an h.323 Gateway.

robert.spicer
Level 1
Level 1

Sheeraz,

First of all Mike is correct. MGCP does not support Caller-ID with FXO ports. For this feature you will need H.323.

Second, if you still want to use MGCP, the only dial-peers you will need on the Router (Unless you are using SRST for failover) is this:

dial-peer voice 100 voip

destination-pattern ....

session target ipv4:10.3.1.196

service MGCPAPP

port 0/2/0

This tells the port to look to the CM you specified in the MGCP config to resolve incoming and outgoing calls.

The PLAR command is only needed for H.323 Dial Peers. With MGCP you set the PLAR equivalent on the Port Configuration page in the "Attendant DN" Field.

Robert,

I tried your suggestions. Incoming call is fine but when I hang up the phone from where I am calling, the IP phone keep ringing and it never ends !!!

Secondly, for outgoing call, IP phone shows the connected status and FXO changes the status from DORMANT to UP as well but I never receive any call on the destination number. I have added and route list, assigned it a route gateway, and assinged it to a calling search space. That calling search space is configured on the IP phone from where I am making calls. This IP phone has same DN as mentioned in "Attendant DN" field. MGCP gateway shows correct status of registration with CCM. Please any further suggestions. Thanks.

Sheeraz

Hi Sheerazkhatri,

i'm, having the exact same problem, did you find any solution when an incomming call on FXO makes an ip phone ring, but the calling phone hangs before the ip phone answer??

Hi

It worked out for me.. Your configuration should look like

ccm-manager mgcp

!

mgcp

mgcp call-agent 10.3.1.198 service-type mgcp version 0.1

mgcp dtmf-relay voip codec all mode out-of-band

mgcp validate domain-name

!

mgcp profile default

tone ringback alert-no-PI

service mgcpapp

port 0/2/0

tone ringback alter-no-pi will take care of your issue... also dont use destination pattern command on mgcp gateway.. extension to which incoming call should be forwarded on the FXO port in CCM directly, keep port direction to bothways and last but not least... Caller ID on mgcp gateway with FXO port is not supported at all.. so you will never get the caller id ...

Hope this helps.

Sheeraz

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: