Views
Helpful
Replies

EAP-Fast with certificates

schareto
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to configure a 1242 AG Access Point (configured as a Workgroup Bridge) with EAP-Fast using in-band authentication and requiring certificate for provisioning. I have a certificate and all required options checked on ACS 4.1 Server side, and a trustpoint defined on AP side, but I always get a handshake failure.

Although, using EAP-Fast anonymous in-band is working, and using EAP-TLS with the these certificates works too.

So I finally ask this question : as someone ever configured a 1242 AG Access Point as a client to use EAP-Fast PAC provisioning based on certificates, and is there some undocumented trick that I've missed ?

Regards.

Stephane.

2 Replies 2

dsweeny
Level 3
Level 3

It worked for me. I think you might have missed some configuration. Check out this document which has complete information on deploying EAP FAST in a wireless environment.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/prod_configuration_guide09186a008046dc81.html

Thanks for the link to the document. I've checked out all the options and they are ok, but the TLS(PKI) phase 0 is not mentioned, and it still stop working as soon as I disable the anonymous authentication. I guess I should try with a laptop client (actually the goal is to connect a small network to the main network where the radius server is, using 2 access points), just to be sure of my ACS configuration.

Regards.

Stephane.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card