cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2851 - VWIC-1MFT-T1 Questions

smartin
Level 1
Level 1

Currently we have a Cisco 2851 with several 4 port POTS cards for incoming & outgoing voice calls. 8 - POTS Lines in a hunt group using Cisco 7970G phones.

The system is being used like a key system. All 8 lines are viewed on all phones on all shared line appearance.

We are going to replace the POTS cards with a VWIC-1MFT-T1 card which will connect to a voice provider via a straight T1. My question is can I setup the T1 connection the same as the POTS lines.

Could I have the provider setup 8 channels (T1 CAS - basically individual digital POTS lines).

Can someone provide me with a simple configuration or link to some good white papers.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

yes, you can do that. However, on T1 CAS you won't have good services like caller-id, enhanced call supervision and diagnostics, etc.

So, if you ask you telco to proticion the T1 as PRI with 8 numbers in DID, you will retain all the features of individual Analog, plus the benefits of T1 digitial, plus the ones of ISDN.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: