cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VG248 Many transient connections

tfelmly
Level 1
Level 1

We are running CCM 4.1(3) and have four VG248 analog gateways. I've noticed in the event logs of both our CCM's Transient Connections from 2 of the 4 VG248's every two seconds. In addition on the VG248's I'm seeing "Warning: SCCP 35: Registration failed: Error: DB Config".

Everything seems to be in working order other than these errors every few seconds. The other two 248's are not generating any errors. I've restarted the two 248's with no effect.

We recently upgraded the OS on both Call Managers to 2000.4.4aSR3a if that matters.

This is the error from the event log on one of the Call Manager boxes:

Event Type: Error

Event Source: Cisco CallManager

Event Category: None

Event ID: 3

Date: 3/6/2007

Time: 11:15:09 AM

User: N/A

Computer: IPCM1

Description:

Error: DeviceTransientConnection - Transient connection attempt.

Connecting Port: 0

Device name [Optional].:

Device IP address.: 10.10.0.14

Device type. [Optional]: 255

Reason Code [Optional].: 6

App ID: Cisco CallManager

Cluster ID: StandAloneCluster

Node ID: 10.10.0.5

Explanation: A connection was established and immediately dropped before completing registration. Incomplete registration may indicate a device is rehoming in the middle of registration. The alarm could also indicate a device misconfiguration, database error, or an illegal/unknown device trying to attempt a connection.

Recommended Action: No action is required if this event was issued as a result of a normal device rehome..

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Todd

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

lfulgenzi
Level 7
Level 7

This happens when a port is enabled on the VG248 but is not configured on CallManager.

If you have auto enable configured, what happens is that a port will be enabled automatically, but left enabled if you delete that phone from CallManager.

Disabling the port will remove the transient connection attempts.

You should also consider going to manual enable mode.

EDIT: I believe the "SCCP 35" error points you to port 35.

View solution in original post

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Todd,

This error usually indicates where a port on the VG has been deleted via CCM but not disabled in the VG port config via cli. The port ties to Auto-Register over and over again until you disable the port in the VG itself. In the error log look for the mac-address of the VG and the last 2 digits represent the actual port # that is causing the problems.

Access the VG via Telnet or Console Go to

Configure>Telephony>Port Specific Parameters>Port Selection (select applicable port and Disable)

This should be the end of these errors :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

EDIT: Slow typist at work!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

lfulgenzi
Level 7
Level 7

This happens when a port is enabled on the VG248 but is not configured on CallManager.

If you have auto enable configured, what happens is that a port will be enabled automatically, but left enabled if you delete that phone from CallManager.

Disabling the port will remove the transient connection attempts.

You should also consider going to manual enable mode.

EDIT: I believe the "SCCP 35" error points you to port 35.

Thanks! That was it.

Todd

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Todd,

This error usually indicates where a port on the VG has been deleted via CCM but not disabled in the VG port config via cli. The port ties to Auto-Register over and over again until you disable the port in the VG itself. In the error log look for the mac-address of the VG and the last 2 digits represent the actual port # that is causing the problems.

Access the VG via Telnet or Console Go to

Configure>Telephony>Port Specific Parameters>Port Selection (select applicable port and Disable)

This should be the end of these errors :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

EDIT: Slow typist at work!

BTW - We are using manual on the VG248's. What happened was an analog phone was deleted out of the Call Manager and no one bothered to tell me about it :-\

That never happens here. ;)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: