cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM and DST

censanian
Level 1
Level 1

does suscriber cm pull time from publisher? so if i manually update time on publisher, reboot both, both will have same time?

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Cody,

We are not doing the Manual workaround but according to the docs this needs to be done on the Pub and Subs (beginning with the Pub) I would have thought that your described method would work fine but here is what Cisco recommends;

CCM OS Manual Workaround 3.x and 4.x

On the new US DST date, Logon with sufficient privileges to CCM Windows Server (starting with Publisher)

Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, Date and Time

Adjust the time accordingly

Click on TimeZone tab

Uncheck the Automatically adjust clock for daylight savings changes

Click Apply or Ok

Repeat steps for all servers in the cluster.

When DST ends in the Fall, the clock would have to be manually adjusted again using the same method described in steps 1-3 and 6-7 above. Please note, however, that manually adjusting the clock on CCM servers could result in a conflict in time which may produce time synchronization issues.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_field_notice09186a00807e02b1.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Im running CCM 5.0.4.1000-1

When I log into my suscriber gui and go see if I could possibly set the time manually, I see this..

"This machine is not the first node. Therefore you cannot adjust the time."

Have you set NTP on PUblisher ? If then you can change any time info only on the publisher. Subscribers get time sync info from Publisher. You dont need to change time settings unless you are hitting bugs,

CSCsh39509

CSCsh44003 or

CSCsg85605

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Yes, I have NTP server defined on my publisher. Should publisher then pull time from that NTP server? No bugs with this? (Then following this, suscriber will pull time from publisher?) Any reboots needed or is this auto-detected on both publshr and suscrbr?

I am sorry, i thought you were running 5.1. Since you are running 5.0.1000 you will need to update your CM with 5.0.2123 as per the link that Rob suggested or move to 5.1(1).

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: