cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2811 router and vwic-2mft-t1

lkatsaros
Level 1
Level 1

can i use a 1 of the interfaces on vwic-2mft-t1\e1 for voice and data? we are implementing a avaya 350 gatway at are remote site that will be communicating with are avaya definity s8400.

and the other interface to another remote site just for data?

if so how do i enable this card?

thanks

1 Reply 1

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_data_sheet09186a0080091b9c.html

These 2-port Multiflex VWICs simplify branch office connectivity by enabling a Cisco 2600, 2800, 3600, 3700 or 3800 to consolidate the functions of a router, a fully managed Drop and Insert Multiplexer, and a fully managed DSU/CSU into a single box. Typically a Drop and Insert multiplexer is used for channelized (i.e. Time Division Multiplexing [TDM]) integration of voice and data onto a single T1/fractional T1 or E1/fractional E1 connection to the CO. Sharing a line can significantly reduce costs over that of two separate physical lines to the CO. While the normal use is for voice and data sharing of a T1 or E1 service, the Drop and Insert capability can also be used for video and data, or data and data sharing of the service (e.g. two routers).

Moreover, the Enhanced Availability Drop and Insert (EADI) feature enhances system availability by allowing the Cisco IOS software to be reloaded while maintaining time division multiplexing (TDM) switching.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card