cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New idea, new problem.

AllSystemGo
Level 1
Level 1

How can I change the caption of the menu on 7940. I know there is a XML to change somewhere but I have no clue were. What I really want to know is I'm using a french system and when the user go in the corporate directory and make a search for a user I would like to have abcABC and them all the accentuated letters. Now I have a???bc...

2- I would like to be able to see ( on the phone as a web option or something else ) all the ppl connected to a desktop agent. Is there a way I could query the DB or it's in the LDAP??

Cheers

2 Replies 2

AllSystemGo
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone!! :|

The phone's language determines which character set it supports. I only have a softphone to play with, but it's set to French so the menu is french with the proper accents and I can enter "ren?" as a search term. iirc, my phones at work which are set to German also allow ??? in input dialogs.

A CiscoIPPhoneInput (the mask where you enter the search terms for the phone book) doesn't differ between 7 bit ascii (the default.. a phone needs to have another user locale loaded to do anything other than 7 bit ascii) and latin1 (the codepage we use in Europe.. )

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: