cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DiRT Backup cmbbackup error

williamka
Level 1
Level 1

While performing a backup using DiRT I encountered this error in the logs...

cmbBackup Routine:Permission denied number =0

Does anyone know what that error is?

6 Replies 6

MikeTomasko
Level 4
Level 4

What version of Unity?

Exchange or Domino?

What Version of DiRT?

What Account are you running DiRT as?

williamka
Level 1
Level 1

I found this error...

CSCef52573

ciscosecurityagent

DiRT Backup failure with CSA.

Symptom: When doing a DiRT backup and CSA is running, the backup will fail with the error listed below.

8/20/2004 4:51:58 PM: (error) in cmbBackup routine:[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]. Cannot open backup device 'D:\sqltest\UnityDBBackUp.sql'. Device error or device off-line. See the SQL Server error log for more details. [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally. number= 0.

Workaround

Disable CSA before running DiRT, then re-enable after the backup is complete.

Does this mean I have to disable CSA for scheduled DiRT backup??????

Mike-

What version of Unity? 4.2(1)

Exchange or Domino? Exchange 2000

What Version of DiRT? 1.0.122

What Account are you running DiRT as?

Administrator

I believe the CSA folks provided a patched version somewhere along the way that removed the restrictions here, but I don't know that for certain (I'm not a CSA guy), but yes - it's been necessary to stop CSA to do backups since it will deny access to the SQL tables and registry branches the backup is trying to access regardless - this is the "permission denied" error you're seeing.

You can get the latest version of the CSA for Unity here: http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/unity3d

Does the Administrator account get permissions to the SQL or should another account be used for running DiRT? I use the UnityAdmin account and I have no problems with DiRT.

I am running CSA 4.5.1 build 639. I'll disable CSA until we find a fix

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: