cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Internet browsing and DNS not working on ADSL

bradlesliect
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco 877 router configured. I can telnet and from the router using the bv as the source interface and it works. The minute I try from the workstation I get problems.

Why is this?

Attached a copy of the ADSL config as well as an output from my workstation

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Danilo Dy
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The DNS configured in your DHCP Pool is not reachable or is not working as shown in the error at the workstation. Change the DNS in your DHCP Pool

!

ip dhcp pool test

dns-server ISP_NAME_SERVER_IP_1 ISP_NAME_SERVER_IP_2

However, if you want to use your internal DNS as in your current DHCP Pool configuration, make sure that they are reachable and working. Then, configure your internal DNS to send all recursive queries to your ISP's DNS servers.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Danilo Dy
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The DNS configured in your DHCP Pool is not reachable or is not working as shown in the error at the workstation. Change the DNS in your DHCP Pool

!

ip dhcp pool test

dns-server ISP_NAME_SERVER_IP_1 ISP_NAME_SERVER_IP_2

However, if you want to use your internal DNS as in your current DHCP Pool configuration, make sure that they are reachable and working. Then, configure your internal DNS to send all recursive queries to your ISP's DNS servers.

Spot on!

THANKS!

The network was not added to my PIX and therefore they couldn't get to the internal DNS server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: