Views
Helpful
Replies

fw_qs_filled error

csiracusa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!!

Do you know the meaning of "fw_qs_filled" error counter on "show crypto engine accelerator statistics" command?!

Thanks

Cinzia

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kamal Malhotra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Cinzia,

Are these counters increasing or these are at 0? I have not yet tried to find a meaning to these counters.

Regards,

Kamal

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Kamal Malhotra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Cinzia,

Are these counters increasing or these are at 0? I have not yet tried to find a meaning to these counters.

Regards,

Kamal

Hi Kmalhotr,

the counters are increasing....

Thanks

Cinzia

Hi Cinzia,

You seem to be hitting a bug. Which says "

"Symptoms: Small packets may be dropped when CEF is enabled. This situation may cause encryption or description failures for packets with a certain packet size.

Conditions: This symptom is observed when packets are switched on any interface via CEF or fast switching. The symptom affects packets with a small size (for example, 36 or 37 bytes).

Workaround: There is no workaround."

There is a duplicate bug of this one that is titled : VPN-NetGx: Excessive CPU usage with AH & multilink group

and it says "Using AH (authentication header) with ppp multilink-group uses excessive CPU. This happens only on the decrypt side. Two serial interfaces are bundled together on a "Multilink interface". On decryption Router A's CPU reaches 95% with just 100pps of 64 bytes and Router B's CPU reaches 95% with just 190ppps. Same routers, if used for

encryption with the same traffic do not use more than 5% of their CPU.

Even sofware crypto can decrypt the same amount of traffic with less than

5% of CPU.

This happens only with AH-SHA-HMAC or AH-MD5-HMAC and does not happen with:

ESP-3DES

ESP-3DES ESP-SHA-HMAC

ESP-3DES ESP-MD5-HMAC

ESP-AES

ESP-AES ESP-SHA-HMAC

ESP-AES ESP-MD5-HMAC

If we increase the rate, packets are dropped on the decrypt side. "fw_qs_filled" counters in "show crypto engine accelerator stat" will

start increasing and eventually traffic will stop. "

In this situation, I would recommend opening a TAC case for troubleshooting.

HTH,

Please do rate if it helps,

Regards,

Kamal

Thanks a lot Kamal!!

If this counter will increase again I will open a TAC Case.

Best Regards and have a good time!!!

Cinzia

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: