Views
Helpful
Replies

Highlight a Menitem in CiscoIPPhoneMenu

nasischijf
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In my application, i have a menu with about 30 items. When the user selects an item, the next screen appears. When the user returns to the previous screen (the menu), the menu list always goes back to the top.

Is it possible to have the previously chosen menuitem higlighted when a user returns to this screen?

For example: the user selects menuitem #20, the details page for item #20 is shown. The user then returns to the menu, and now menuitem #20 should be higlighted again.

Thanks in advance!

Mark

3 Replies 3

msabir
Level 4
Level 4

Yes, its possible and we do that in all of the applications we develop where there is a menu.

This is a classic "Master-Detail" example where Master is the list of items on the menu and Detail is the screen that opens when a specific item is selected from the menu. You need to keep track of the item number in the menu in Master page and pass that along to the detail page using query string. Then, in the detail page, you provide a "Back" button, and pass the item number to Master page. Master page should have a logic to display the items based on the query string parameter.

That would work when you have multiple pages for a single menu, i.e. page 1 shows item 1-5, page 2 shows 6-10, etc.

In my app, I have about 40 items on a single page, so that the user has to scroll down using the arrow keys.

Is there a way to highlight any item when the user returns to this page?

Try tp Key:NavDwn or Key:Line1 to Key:Line34 SoftKey programatically. I have not tried it though.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: