cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error returned after executing a job using Netconfig

palukuri77
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I get the below mentioned error in the failed devices description after i executed a job through my Netconfig option of Ciscoworks. Can anyone explain the error to me in detail?

ERROR:RME_CDL1031:Transport session to device failed TFTP: Failed on the device. Failed to detect SSH version running on the device.

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This means that both TFTP and SSH failed to copy the config changes to the device. These are the only two allowed protocols. You will either need to change your Netconfig deployment protocol order, or fix the problem with either TFTP or SSH.

Hy clarck

I've the same problem!

The strange thing: last week I did on the same switches a netconfig change and it worked properly. the only difference now there are about 50 changes to be done on each switch. Is there a limit of changes on the netconfig.

Thanks

No, there is no limit to the number of commands that can be deployed. My original diagnosis stands. This error indicates a problem with the select transport protocols. You need to figure out which protocol you want to use, then troubleshoot what could be preventing it from working.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: