cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Station Blacklisted for ipTheft trap

bbrunke
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone tell me what triggers a "bsnDot11StationBlacklisted" trap with a reason code 3 of "ipTheft"? In other words what has to happen to get this trap?

We have notebook carts in some high school classrooms. Sometimes a student will fail to login at the beginning of class. I have seen this trap on two problems that I have been able to troubleshoot. We are running WiSM controllers with 4.0.206.0 code.

2 Replies 2

Thanks for your reply.

I spent some time comparing the traps in the snmptraplog and the traps in the WiSM controller and it would appear that the "Cisco SNMP Object Navigator" is either out of date or wrong.

SNMP object "bsnDot11StationBlacklisted", in the WiSM is actually "Client Excluded" and ReasonCode 3 = "8021x Authentication failed 3 times". This is what I expected not "ipTheft".

Now if I can only figure out how to keep more than 256 traps in the WiSM controller.

-----

bob.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card