cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Advice on Router Model 1841 or something in 2800 series

brooksfancher
Level 1
Level 1

We currently have both a T1 and a 6 meg Cable Connection running through a cable modem coming into our building. We want to use ACLs to route anything outside of our private IP block through our Cable Connection, use the T1 for our private network and apps and also use the T1 for a failover when the cable goes down.

The Cable connection currently protected by an IPchains firewall, in addition to the firewall on the little cable router, so I am not looking for firewall capabilities on the big router.

No voice will be going over this link either, we have a separate network for voice and video conferencing.

My question is, can the 1841 with a WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 do this, or do I need to look at something in the 2800 series.

Thank you

Brooks

2 Replies 2

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Brooks,

If not going for more features or connections in near future on the router, 1841 should suffice your need. 1841 supports a throughput upto 38.50 Mbps, so it should be able to support the connection needs that you have posted above.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/765/tools/quickreference/routerperformance.pdf

HTH,

-amit singh

Thanks for the input.

Our next step will be metro ethernet, which is scheduled to be finished in early 2009.

This is just a stop gap until then.

Thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: