BSCI 642-901

Unanswered Question
Mar 7th, 2007

Hi Experts,

I am about to have a crack off the BSCI 642-901 next week. I have been studying for about two months now, i have a home lab... access to the partner e-learning connectoin (well done cisco), and have went over lots of exam question based on 642-801. I have sat the 642-801 before and found it quite difficult. (I honestly don't think i studyed enough).

Has anyone experience with the new 642-901?

And if so have you sat the old BSCI?

Can you draw comparisions - without exposing the content obviously? :)

Thanks for the help

Stephen

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jlhainy Sat, 03/17/2007 - 19:12

I never took the test, but I have compared the new BSCI material to the old.

There really is not a whole lot difference. The only main differences between the two are:

RIP or RIPv2 does not seem to be in the new BSCI

There is more in depth material on IPv6, including configuring OSPFv3 for IPv6 routing.

There is also some material regarding multicasting and multicast routing. I got the old BSCI book and took the new BSCI training class. Those where the differences that I saw. I also took my info from www.cisco.com/go/ccnp.

Good luck on your test. I hope to take it in a few weeks myself.

stephen.stack Sun, 03/18/2007 - 07:29

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I did the test last wednesday. passed :)

It seems that, as you said the major differences are multicast routing and IPv6.

Otherwise the test is largly the same as the old one.

Cheers

Stephen

stephen.stack Tue, 03/20/2007 - 06:49

Hey,

It seems that there is only one Partner E-leaning Connection update for the 642-901 exam. I just used the old 642-801 labs for most of the BSCI course. All the old EIGRP OSPF BGP and ISIS labs and material are the same. (except OSPfv3).

HTH

Stephen

Actions

This Discussion