IPCC 4.0 Remote Recording

Unanswered Question

Currently i have a question regarding IPCC Express 4.0, a customer want to deploy a contact center with agents on a central office and two branch offices, i configured two servers on the central site, agents will be ussing Cisco Desktop Agent, and supervisors will use Cisco Desktop Supervisor. Supervisors will only monitor agents on the site they are.

The recording device will be the IPCC Express servers located at the central site but the question here is the following: Will the agents and supervisors will be able to record the calls? The sites are connected by ussing a E1 link.

Thanks for you patience,

Claudio Rivas.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4 (2 ratings)
lpezj Wed, 03/07/2007 - 09:48

There is no problem with the recordings and your architecture, because you are using Cisco Agent Desktop. With CAD is the own application which captures and it sends the packets to the IPCC Express server.

But you have to plug the IP phone and the agent computer NIC using the IP Phone switch.

If not, you will need to use SPAN or RSPAN features in your switches.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

lpezj Wed, 03/07/2007 - 10:33

I have deployed a couple of sites with this achitecture and there was no major problems. remember to plug the agent PC to the phone and take care of all the firewalls that you have in the customer.

Juan Luis

(Please, rate the helpful posts)

Jonathan Schulenberg Tue, 07/22/2008 - 03:44

The primary caveat that can arise here is bandwidth utilization. When you are recording and/or monitoring an agent additional RTP streams are being sent across the WAN.

-Call is originating from a gateway at the central site where UCCX servers reside.

-Call is answered by an agent at the remote site. RTP streams for the call cross the WAN.

-Supervisor records the call. Two additional RTP streams start across the WAN from the agent's PC running CAD to the UCCX server.

This call is now consuming double the bandwidth it normally would AND the recording stream is not respecting Call Admission Control limits configured in CCM. In a heavy call load you may experience voice degradation of all calls crossing the WAN from over subscription beyond the CAC and QoS limits. I would recommend classifying recording/monitoring RTP traffic into a lower class to prevent this.

This Discussion