Views
Helpful
Replies

Dual homed to single isp config + Hsrp

arumugasamy
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

In the LAN network 4507R as core switch configured with several vlans.One vlan connects to the dual homed routers which in turn connecting to the single isp. I need to configure the HSRP for the internal vlans and the same time to use the load balancing or failover using the dual homed routers to the isp.

Please how can i do the config. I need to implement for the banking customer tomorrow.

Thanks

swamy

7 Replies 7

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Swamy,

Do you have a single chassis or dual chassis in the core?

If you have a single chassis with Dual Sup's you dint have to configure HSRP on this for the internal vlans. Just configure NSF/SSO switchover for the sup's. Run GLBP between the routers pointing towards your ISP and point a default route to the GLBP's virtual IP address.

If you have 2 chassis in the core then My Idea for this would be:

1. Run GLBP on the routers that are connecting to your ISP and point a default route from 4507R's to the Virtual IP address of the GLBP.

2. Run SSO between the Sup's on a single chaasis and HSRP between the chassis for all the vlans.

HTH,

-amit singh

I have single chassis with dual sup.

The core 4500 connect to the edge dual routers.

Both routers are connected to the isp via leased line.

Routers are 3845x2

Core 4500 with dual sup.

Shall i follow u r tips?

please reply asap.

swamy

hi swamy,

I do agree with amitS.

GLBP would be the best solution to acheive this.

Are you running any Rotung protocol ?

anything else you feel important related to this network you may bring it to discussion's notice- By providing the config , we could help you more in detail.

Rajan,

No routing protocol.

Could u give me scenarios with GLBP.

swamy

Hi swamy!

Proceed with this Attachment.

10xs

Swamy,

As you have a single Chassis with dual sup engines, you cannot run HSRP for intervlans. You have configure SSO (stateful switchover) between the Sup's which is used to provide within a single chassis.Please see the link below for configuring SSO on a Cat4500 chassis:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat4000/12_2_31s/conf/rpr.htm

Once the SSO is configured, please configure the ports connecting to the routers as L3 ports and then configure the GLBP on both the routers. Please use the doc provided by Ali in the post above.

HTH,Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

Hi there, I have the same scenario.

Just want to clarify if there's any additional settings required with the GLBP aside from:

R1# show running interface e0/0

ip address 10.1.1.2 255.255.255.0
glbp 1 ip 10.1.1.1

R2# show running interface e0/0
ip address 10.1.1.3 255.255.255.0
glbp 1 ip 10.1.1.1
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card