cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA Client Access Rule

shank15217
Level 1
Level 1

I am running CSA on a number of workstations in live mode but I wanted to give certain users (techs) privileged access so i created a user state group with those users and when those users log into a machine with csa they are able to see the UI and disable/enable csa to install applications. For other users the UI rule is not enabled so not its viewable on their desktop. It seems to be working however the UI frequently disappears if I make a rule change or create a new rule. Is this a good way or am I hacking it in a way it shouldn't be used. Right now the techs have to reboot the machine and relog into their accounts to see the CSA client icon. Seems to me there should be a better way.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

Sounds like a good way. Be sure there are no other Agent UI Control rules that might be stepping on the one you created.

Also, the Agent UI will disappear if there are no Agent UI Control rules applied to the host.

Tom

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

Sounds like a good way. Be sure there are no other Agent UI Control rules that might be stepping on the one you created.

Also, the Agent UI will disappear if there are no Agent UI Control rules applied to the host.

Tom

ah ok that helps a lot.

Also keep in mind you can turn off CSA via command line and by disabling the service.

I don't know if you want your tec to know this or not.

Finally I went and created a CSA Client Admin list and its opposite which I called CSA Users and then made 2 UI rules. One that allows full access and another that does not allow any user interaction. Seemed to work for me.

Cool, glad to hear it.

Tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: