Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN with 2 routers and load balancing

b_lamine81
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

I have two routers 1841 with "c1841-advsecurityk9-mz.124-13.bin" IOS software and two ADSL connections each, and I whant to configure a vpn with load balancing (multilink) can cisco routers do this and how ??

I dont have an ADSL card on the routers. the two connections are form differents providers and the ADSL modems are connected to the routers through the Ethernet ports.

I send you the network diagram in attachement.

thank you in advance

regards

2 Replies 2

Kamal Malhotra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

VPN and loadbalancing will not be possible however you can get redundancy with the VPN. If you configure one ADSL connection as primary default gateway and the other as secondary (with higher AD) it should be acheivable. Ofcourse we'll have to do a li'l more brainstorming in order to get it work.

HTH,

Please rate if it helps,

Regards,

Kamal

Hello,

Can I do it by another way (I heared about different Cisco technology like DMVPN or GETVPN) can theses technologies do the multilink and how, or I have to change my routers or IOS versions or it is impossible to do it with cisco devices

Regards,

Lamine BOUAFIA

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: