cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Message Notification to Text Pager Not Working!!

rgoodwin7399
Level 1
Level 1

I have Unity 4.0.5 with an off box mailstore. I can configure a text pager in Unity or in the Unity assitant but the notifications are not getting to the external device. No errors are recieved and I have reviewed all of the documenation I can find and everything seems to be configured properly. We are using voicemail not unified messaging. Any help would be appreciated.

4 Replies 4

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Make sure you have setup Unity correctly for the COS for the subscriber to be able to dial out of Unity. Typically, these are not set by default, you have go into restrictions and adjust the 9xxxxxxxx and allow this for Unity to be able to dial out to a pager or cell phone to send the message

Yep. I have done that also. When I use phone 2 I get the notifcations. I just can't get a text notification to an email address. I think this is an exchange related issue.

ahhh.. yes it is... you are trying to message relay out of the Exchange box from Unity. It is turned off by default from MS. (if its on and allowed by all... SPAM hackers can relay from your server)

check out this link Allow Unity IP address to relay out and see if that fixes it.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/prodtech/exchangeserver/excrelay.mspx

T...

It looks like this is going to work. Waiting on info from my exchange guru. I will keep you posted...

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: