Free of charge Wallboard 2.3 (contains fix for IPCCX 4.0)

Unanswered Question
Mar 7th, 2007

Following up on version 2.2 of the free of charge wallboard here is some exiting news for IPCCX 4.0 users.

As some reported version 2.2 did not work with IPCCX 4.0 version. This is now fixed (with the help of Robby, thanks Robby)

Attached you will find version 2.3 which contains a fix for IPCCX 4.0 users. This new version has been tested succesfully with IPCCX 4.0(5)

Enjoy the new version :-)

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4.9 (27 ratings)
l.mourits Wed, 03/07/2007 - 13:48

Short reply from me, in case you want to show appreciation by rating the thread (board does not allow to rate the post itself, only replies)

robby.butler Wed, 03/07/2007 - 16:41

Happy to help, Leo... Enjoy everyone! Remember to rate posts that are helpful. : )

rob.huffman Thu, 03/08/2007 - 06:55

Hi Leo/Robby,

Thanks so much for your extra work on this :) You both get my vote and 5 points!

Thanks again,

bradleywise Tue, 04/17/2007 - 11:51

We were going to give your app a shot but the install guide doesn't quite match our screens here with 4.5 SR2. Do you happen to have an updated install guide? Or heard anything about compatibility with 4.5 sr2?

l.mourits Tue, 04/17/2007 - 11:59

Hi Bradley,

The script was initially developed for 3.x version, tested succesfully with 4.0 version, but never tested with 4.5

I do not have a 4.5 test environment (actually, I no longer have any test environment as I am currently unemployed)

l.mourits Thu, 04/19/2007 - 01:59

I looked into the database schemas today and found there are no differences between the used table, so 4.5 versions should be no issue, as long as the authentication method does not differ from 4.0

If any of you using 4.5 could test and let me know (feel free to contact my private mail at [email protected] if you like to work with me on testing for 4.5) that would be great :-))

bradleywise Tue, 04/24/2007 - 10:22

Must be missing something. The page keeps telling me that I am not authorized to view the page.

bradleywise Tue, 04/24/2007 - 11:01

Nevermind, RTFM. It's working! Version 4.5(2)IPCCE Now to play a bit.

bradleywise Tue, 04/24/2007 - 12:59

Loving the display. We can finally see from across the room! Your work is excellent.

1. The page currently cycles between the agent states page and Queue stats page according to the refresh rate in the config file. Is there any way to keep it from doing that? So that it's possible to bring both pages up static (but still refreshing according to the refresh rate).

2. I'm interested in a trigger/monitor that will play a sound file/alert sound (say every 20 seconds or so) if any calls show up in queue. Has anyone done any work in that direction with this script?

l.mourits Tue, 04/24/2007 - 23:34

Your first wish should be possible with the current version (allthough I never actually tested it), but it will require two computers running this script. The 1st one would have to be configured with the parameter "Const DisplayAgentsStatsTrue = 1" and "Const DisplayCSQStatsTrue = 0" forcing it to only display Agent statistics. The 2nd one would have to be configured with "Const DisplayAgentsStatsTrue = 0" and "Const DisplayCSQStatsTrue = 1" forcing it to only display the CSQ statistics. The overall statistics ae not yet implemented.

The second item is not yet in there, but since I like the option, I will consider it to be in the next version.

-- remember to rate helpful posts

pwenger Mon, 06/25/2007 - 00:39

Hi Leo

the wallboard is really great!I just voted 5 points for you! Is there already a newer version than 2.3a?

I'm also interested in a trigger/monitor that will play a sound file/alert sound (say every 20 seconds or so) if any calls show up in queue. Has anyone done any work in that direction with this script?

Best Regards

l.mourits Tue, 04/24/2007 - 23:26

Good to know that 4.5 is also supported. Thanks for the feedback.

wenqianyu Wed, 04/25/2007 - 22:02

Hi Leo,

I tried your solution. I could make the CSQ Stats working. But when come to Agent States, it shows the following error message:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e09'

SELECT permission denied on object 'Resource', database 'db_cra', owner 'dbo'.

Even when I make Const DisplayAgentsStatsTrue = 0, it still try to circulate this Agent Stats and stop there because of error.

Any idea where went wrong?

PS: I voted your post for 5 points. It is exactly what I need.

bradleywise Thu, 04/26/2007 - 08:52

I'm seeing much the same thing in terms of stopping the cycleing between pages. I can make it only display csqstats by setting agentsstats=0 but it seems to be ignoring the value in csqstats.

We ran into your error when installing as well. You may have missed putting a check in the Database Role Properties box next to "Resource" on the list of objects. We missed it the first time. I think we thought it was part of the name of the previous table on the directions or something.

l.mourits Thu, 04/26/2007 - 10:12

I noticed the error in displaying/cycling, which only seem to work when both agent stats and CSQ stats are enabled. I am working hard to get this fixed asap and will post an update soon.

Thanks for posting the feedback :-)

etmarcof Thu, 04/26/2007 - 12:30

I would like to add Calls presented and calls handled to the pages. Do you know in what table in DB i can found these parameters?

Best Regards,

l.mourits Thu, 04/26/2007 - 13:07

This would have to be in one of the connectionstate tables, where one of the field will probably refer to the agent-ID.

I did not check, but that would be where I would look first.

I highly recommend to not link/join those tables as it will significantly decrease your system performance due to a much more complex SQL query.

Besides that, this is info that is in historical reports, and this is where you typically need it, very unusefull as real statistic.

wenqianyu Thu, 04/26/2007 - 19:16

I found the problem. It was the account I use for anonymous authentication. In CRS server, there is an account called CiscoWbUsr. I used that account for authentication. In event viewer, each time when I try to access wallboard.asp link, I get an entry that this account has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer.

I tried administrator account and it worked well. Also cycling between pages works fine.

Only thing I may need next is to customizing the display. This may need the un-encrypted .asp file because the parameter does not provide enough flexibility.

l.mourits Fri, 04/27/2007 - 10:30

Bradley and Wengian,

The current release (2.3a) is succesfully tested with 4.0 and 4.5. If you have authentication problems with the CiscoWbUsr you probably did not follow the installation guide to the T.

Please check if you have release 2.3 (first line of ASP script), check all installation steps and read all notes. If you fail to fix the error, let me know (my mail address: [email protected]) and I?ll see what I can do to help you.

shahid.ikram Wed, 05/09/2007 - 07:12

Could you pls post the steps to give proper right to the user to view wallboard. When I try to access the webpage it gives unauthorized access. Cut and paste would be great.

Thanks in advance,

MIKE DEDMON Sun, 12/23/2007 - 06:48

So, is there any chance of using this with a non-premium version of IPCC Express? I'd really like to use a wallboard, but our version of IPCC Express 4.0 doesn't include database, URL, or email options. Any ideas?

l.mourits Sun, 12/23/2007 - 11:04

This should work with all versions, since there is no CRA script involved, you don't have to worry about what license you have.

The database and webserver are always there.

MIKE DEDMON Fri, 12/28/2007 - 12:11

Thanks for your work on this. I've got another question. I've gotten the Wallboard 2.3a version working great. But, I backed up the files in that web directory, deleted them and placed the files for "flashboard 2.0" in there. I've configured them with the exact same account, password and server IP. This one fails with the message below. Is there a difference in how these 2 .asp files access the SQL server?

Error Type:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server (0x80004005)

[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

/wallboard/wallboard.asp, line 27

Browser Type:

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; InfoPath.1)

GET /wallboard/wallboard.asp

Thanks, Mikey

l.mourits Sat, 12/29/2007 - 13:27

Flashboard 2.0 ?

Uhm, I never build that, so I wouldn't know how that one works.

l.mourits Thu, 05/03/2007 - 06:28

Dear fellow forum members,

I am getting emails on installation problems on 4.x IPCCX versions quite regularly, while I know some of you have managed to get it to work (those following this development know I am not able to test 4.x version).

In case you managed to get it to work, could you please email me details on:

- what you had to do to get it to work?

- what needs to be added/changed in the install doc?

- what is missing in documentation?

Please send this to me private email ([email protected]) and I will ensure the next version will have beter documentation for 4.x versions.

Your help will be greatly appriciated by other forum members :-)

Thanks in advance,

mike.lo Fri, 05/04/2007 - 04:16

Can IPCCX 4.0(5) with Enhancement Edition support it? It is because when I click "Subsystems" in pull-down menu, I can't find "Database" item.

etmarcof Fri, 05/04/2007 - 05:21

yes it supports. If use Entrepise Manager of SQL you can see that users that are necessary to create are already created.

Best Regards,

l.mourits Fri, 05/04/2007 - 06:46

Yes, the script will work with all version 3.0, 3.5, 4.0 and 4.5 IPCCX, also the enhanced license.

Since the script itselfs creates the needed database connection, all you have to do is ensure the user has the correct read (select) authorization for the database.

mike.lo Fri, 05/04/2007 - 20:58

Yes, i know. It is because I installed without using MS SQL DB. Thanks so much.

mike.lo Wed, 05/16/2007 - 01:56

I have installed MS SQL DB, however, i still can't see Database item in Subsystem pull-down menu. Is it need Premium package to install this software?

donniefowler Wed, 05/16/2007 - 12:59

I'm running 4.04 Enhanced and it's working. You do not need the database tab in appadmin since the user is already there. My only issue is that it doesn't seem to respond to changes in the .cfg file for displaying certain pages.

donniefowler Thu, 05/17/2007 - 05:09

....also do you think something like this could support displaying real time service levels?

mike.lo Tue, 06/12/2007 - 00:29

i'm using ipccx 4.0(5), does anyone has the latest version of free-of-charge wallboard files for ipccx 4.0(5)?

trosamilia Thu, 06/14/2007 - 10:24

Do you know if there is anyway to include reason codes into the wallboard. I have a customer that would realy like to see this info.

Thanks in advance

mike.lo Tue, 07/03/2007 - 01:22

Does anyone know what is the meaning of the following parameteres? They are extracted from parameters.cfg

Const intAgentStatsMaxDays = 1

Const intAgentStatsMaxHours = 8

Const intAgentStatsMaxNotReady = 5

Const intCSQStatsMinAgentsAvailable = 1

Const intCSQStatsMaxQueuedCalls = 0

l.mourits Mon, 09/17/2007 - 04:45

These parameters affect the way the agents and CSQ are displayed. They are actually threshold which indicate when the field will get another color. Just play with the settings to see how they affect the display.

scott.weismann@... Mon, 09/10/2007 - 10:16

Leo, I'd like to see reason codes being utilized for the agent stats and a trigger/monitor that will play a sound file/alert sound when calls are in queue. Any idea how that would work and if it could be included in this?

l.mourits Mon, 09/17/2007 - 04:49

I am 100% sure it can be included by extending the script (additional field in the tables, another SQL query because it uses another extra table, et cetera).

Allthough I always hoped I could continue to build this script, I am now an employee of a company that does not use Cisco for IPT. That leaves me without any option to continue building this script.

b-chernish Thu, 10/04/2007 - 14:32

Hi Scott,

Any headway on these requests from any other source, I understand that Leo is sort of out of the game?

We have just begun looking at the available ideas to incorporate into the "killer" wallboard and reason codes as well as alerts were the 2 things that came out of our "wishlist". We obviously would not want to re-invent the wheel if we didn't have to.

scott.weismann@... Fri, 10/05/2007 - 08:32

Well, I took a look at Leo's free wallboard and there were a few things that I didn't particularly like (although it's a great wallboard and he did a great job!!). So, I basically reinvented the wheel to get what I wanted. I've attached a screen shot but have blocked out the agent name and the image of our company logo. When the Calls in Queue is above 0, the background of the cell changes to red, the text changes to white (so you can see it) and it plays a ding. I had to add a couple tables, and a couple stored procedures to the database but it works great. I am going to keep modifying it as I discovered one minor glitch in the morning and I'm going to add a chart that shows the calls by hour. I'm not sure if anyone would want something like this so I'm just going to post the picture for now and can get into the specifics if there is a desire for it.

b-chernish Fri, 10/05/2007 - 09:10

That is about where we are...incorporating what seem like the best ideas for what we do. Over time we should end up with a meaningful tool.

I would love to be able to figure out how to query how many times calls actually hit the "queueloop" and hear our message that says "we have no available agents at this time" To us that is a vital statistic. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

scott.weismann@... Fri, 10/05/2007 - 11:07

The calls waiting information is held in the RTICDStatistics table (this is what we use to display the calls in queue). If you want to track how often that happens, you would need to have the database record this number and put a time stamp on it. That's one of the things that I expect to work on next but I'm not sure when to have it completed (might be at the end of the month).

mike.lo Mon, 10/08/2007 - 17:48

How can i modify wallboard 2.3 program so that each wallboard URL can only watch a particular CSQ information? It is because I don't want them to view all the CSQ information for the same wallboard URL.

dzuodar Wed, 10/10/2007 - 09:17

hi everyone,

I have CUCCX 5.0 running in our lab and was looking for some free wallboard software for demo purposes.

I can confirm that Leo Mourits's free Wallboard for IPCC v2.3 is doing a great job at the moment! If you would be reading this Leo: thanks for sharing your application!!

Following is the installation procedure I have followed:

1) CUCCX Tools / Real Time Snapshot Config

Data Writing Enable --> v

Data Writing Interval --> 30

IPCC Express CSQs Summary --> v

IPCC Express System Summary --> v

Server Name -->

Administrator User Id -->

Password -->

2) CUCCX Subsystems / Database

Datasource Name --> Wallboard

User Name -->

Password -->

Confirm Password -->

Maximum Number of Connections --> 5

3) create Inetpub\Wallboard directory on CUCCX server and unzip files in this directory

4) create IIS virtual directory on CUCCX server

- name: wallboard

- point to: Inetpub\Wallboard directory

- permissions: read & run scripts

- default content page: wallboard.asp

- enable anonymous access, enter and

5) edit parameters.cfg in Inetpub\Wallboard directory

Const IPCCversion = 4

Const ServerURL = "http:///wallboard/"

Const DBsource = ""

Const DBuserID = ""

Const DBpass = ""

Const LogoFile = "logo.gif"

note: you need to manually put a file named "logo.gif" in the Inetpub\Wallboard directory

6) point your browser at http://"/wallboard

edit: please take care with the administrator account, it is not advised to use the above described method in non-test/demo environments ;)

mnour401917_2 Mon, 10/15/2007 - 18:24

Hi Everyone, i found this wallboard very useful.

But i need to add a column that shows Total Calls.

Is this possible? Thanks in advance.

l.mourits Tue, 12/18/2007 - 12:49

That is great news. Allthough I am unable to develop this wallboard further at the moment (due to a lack of equipment to play with), I do follow the thread and read all comments. This is what I call great feedback, so thanks for posting. I'm glad to see the wallboard works on CUCCX 5 as well ;-)

This Discussion