Views
Helpful
Replies

Create agents, skills, etc, outside CRS Web interface

sephiroth23
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i was wondering if there is a way to create agents, and create skills, assign those skills to an agent with an interface other than crs web interface, something like web service or an api to use java code or .net.

any help would be much apreciated.

thanks in advanced,

regards,

PH.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Download the CRS database schema, then write into the CRS database. Naturally, that's not officially supported by Cisco, but they have the schema out there, so as long as you don't upgrade, you should be okay.

One thing to be considered though: with agents you have a link between the ccm and the crs so you'd actually have to do the agent configuration the ccm. There it can be in the ccm db (ccm 5+) or dc directory (ccm 4 and lower), and I don't recall offhand if there's a way to define an icd extension.

Either way I think that should get you started just fine. Look into how agents are created, what kind of information is stored where by simply creating one, then see if you can reproduce this manually (needless to say I would use a lab system for those kind of experiments), then if you can do that, the rest isn't so hard, it's just sql.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jaska_jokunen
Level 1
Level 1

Seems to be difficult or impossible with Cisco.

Download the CRS database schema, then write into the CRS database. Naturally, that's not officially supported by Cisco, but they have the schema out there, so as long as you don't upgrade, you should be okay.

One thing to be considered though: with agents you have a link between the ccm and the crs so you'd actually have to do the agent configuration the ccm. There it can be in the ccm db (ccm 5+) or dc directory (ccm 4 and lower), and I don't recall offhand if there's a way to define an icd extension.

Either way I think that should get you started just fine. Look into how agents are created, what kind of information is stored where by simply creating one, then see if you can reproduce this manually (needless to say I would use a lab system for those kind of experiments), then if you can do that, the rest isn't so hard, it's just sql.

that seems to be ok, actually we were thinking in something like that but then we though on some problems may occur...

what if ipcc or call manager has agent\skill information load on memory so cc or ipcc don't need to read database everytime.

well we know that kind of things after the lab.

thanks! that will be so much help to get started.