cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trying to update device package for CiscoView 6.1

ggladney
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to update the device package for CiscoView 6.1 to include the C6506-E chassis and Sup 720 and Sup 32 along with the 6548 and 6748 modules but I keep running into this error.

For Product(s) : cvw

Install Invoked by user : gladney

The Package(s) Selected for Install :

Cat6000

WARNING : Cat6000(9.0):major versions are incompatible.Required version 9.0 for Cat6000 package

Installation Completed for : cvw

I'm not sure what verison it's incompatable with? Does this mean I have to manually deinstall v6.0?

Thanks,

Gary

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This most likely indicates that one of the dependencies of this package are not met. The easiest way to update CiscoView packages is through the Common Services Software Center in the CiscoWorks GUI. From there, you can select all available CiscoView packages, and choose to update them all (thus eliminating this problem). However, the psu.log should point to the exact problem package here.

What I posted in the message was the error reported using the GUI. I also tried the PSUCli.sh with same results. I will take a look at the log file. I was able to update and add some device packages for the 3750 and 2970 but not the 6000.

Thanks

Gary

When you did the update in the GUI, did you select ALL available package updates, or just the ones corresponding to the devices you wanted? There are ancillary packages that are required as well.

Can you tell where the psu.log lives. I looked all through the /opt/CSCOpx directory structure and can not find it. I also looked /tmp.

Thanks,

Gary

/var/adm/CSCOpx/log/psu.log on Solaris.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: