Views
Helpful
Replies

bandwidth measurement

bvsivaprasad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

is ther any command in cisco routers to find the bandwidth over serial interface with out any third pary tool

4 Replies 4

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can use " show interface serial x/y" and check the input/ output packet rate. This will give you an idea of how much the bandwidth is used in RX and TX. The output is an average of 5 minutes interval. If you want to change the interval to take some more granular readings, chnage the interval like :

conf t

int serial x/y

load-interval 30--> seconds

HTH,

-amit singh

Hi ,

i want exact current bandwidth to measure at that second through serial interface,any command is there.

Hi Siva

I feel you can also try out some NMS solution which can provide you the utilisation part..

Lots of freewares available in net which you can download and configure it accordingly..

regds

pciaccio
Level 4
Level 4

Try this file I made. It has a listing of the bandwidth associated with the load value on the interface. This chart will show you what you want to see....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card