cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPS blocking gmail

mba-pd
Level 1
Level 1

I install two ASA5540 with IPS modules. One is active and the other is stanby. Some users complain that gmail users can not send mail to us. I have try with my gmail account and some time is not comming thru and some time is fine. Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

Kamal Malhotra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

For confirmation whether IPS is blocking it or not, I would suggest looking ata the event monitor and checking if any signature is getting fired with the relevant addresses. If yes what the action is. You might want to change the action for this signature.

HTH,

Please rate if it helps,

Regards,

Kamal

I will see if we can get an ATA. It is strange because I don't have too much config on the sensor. I update it to 6.0 two days ago and rigth now I am just looking the logs.

Thank you

It wasn't the IPS module on the ASA blocking it. It was the ASA. Here is the fix

pixfirewall(config)#policy-map global_policy pixfirewall(config-pmap)# class inspection_default pixfirewall(config-pmap-c)# no inspect esmtp pixfirewall(config-pmap-c)# exit pixfirewall(config-pmap)# exit pixfirewall(config)#

Basicly i had to turn off esmtp and now is fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card