SQL Access to CRS Server

Unanswered Question

Hi,

My customer has a need for a third party company to 'tap' into the db cra database on a CRS 4.0.4 server to produce some whizzy reports. This CRS server is currently in Windows Authentication mode (SQL) and therefore makes it difficult to get a third party into the database / tables that they need. I appreciate that I could put the server into 'mixed mode' but am against doing this as it will probably result in it becoming a 'non-supported' configuration. Does anyone have any idea about how to provide access to these tables ?

Regards,

Chris

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 3 (1 ratings)
adignan Thu, 03/08/2007 - 07:48

Well, unfortunately there isn't anything you can do if their application is written to use SQL Authentication.

You have two options:

1. Tell the third party company to update thier application to use windows integrated security. Once they do that, you can just create a local user on the CRS box and provide access the cra database.

2. enable Mixed mod authentication. I have to do this quite often for certain applications but you just have to remember that after each upgrade, you have to update the setting. Just make sure the user you create for them only has RO rights to the database.

please rate helpful posts.

stephan.steiner Fri, 03/09/2007 - 01:34

Being set to windows authentication exclusively is but a security thing.. iirc older ccm releases even were in mixed mode and it was adjusted when everybody got more security conscious.

I suggest that before you make the change, you stop all services.. I once tried to force CallManager to change modes while it was running, and that didn't end too well - but if you shut every service down, then you can safely adjust the mode, then start everything up again (no reboot required).

Actions

This Discussion