cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7920 constantly re-registering with CCM

jfarrer
Level 1
Level 1

I have a couple of 7920 phones that keep re-registering with Call Manager. AP authentication and DHCP work fine. Once the phone comes up, it registers with CCM. I can place and receive calls on the phone. After a couple of minutes, the phone shows it is registering with CCM again. If I'm on a call, the call gets dropped and the phone shows 'Call Manager down'. The 7940 phones on the network are not having any issues.

We are using CCM 4.2(3) and the firmware on the phone is 7920.4.0-03-00.

Thanks,

Jack

7 Replies 7

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

How many phones do you have total (7920)?

If all exhibit the problem it's probably a wireless issue (i.e. interference or similar).

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

We have about 15 phones currently deployed at 8 different sites. This condition occurs even when I am standing a couple of feet from the AP.

Have you solved your problem ?

Yes, we did. It actually was the QOS setup on the wireless APs. Even though the APs are being used only for the phones, you still have to specify QOS in order for them to work properly.

Thanks,

Jack

We are watching this post as we too have devices that will randomly unsubscribe, attempt to rehome and then resubscibe to the original CM.

Here is the link to setting up the AP for the 7920 phones. Once I completed this setup, everything started working.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_implementation_design_guide_book09186a00802a029a.html

Thanks,

Jack

Thank you for your help jfarrer!

But it seems that we don't have the same issue.

Our 7920 loses connection with callmanager immediately after a call (CallManager not found), when we push the End Call button, only in this case, never during a call.

Then he tries to reinitialize the wireless association and authentication but he freezes in the authentication step.

After multiple tests this afternoon we conclude that maybe this bug is our case : CSCsd62018

It is very difficult to reproduct it (about 1 call on 10 do the phone freeze).

We will open a TAC case...

Thanks.

Yorick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: