DST workaround for CRS 3.x

Unanswered Question
Mar 8th, 2007

This weekend I will be going down the work around path.

Is there a work around for 3.x?

The work around for CRS 4.0(1), 4.0(2), 4.0(3), 4.0(4), 4.5(1) is to use Sun's TZupdate tool. But the updater readme indicates that it does not support versions older than 1.4 and I have been unable to verify the versions of the JRE in 3.x.

thanks for any assistance,

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
b.hsu Wed, 03/14/2007 - 06:38

The CRS installation copies the 1.4.2_08 version private Java Runtime Engine (JRE) to path C:\Program Files\wfavvid\java\current\bin\java directory. Sun Microsystems has made available a tool to update the time zone database of current installations. To update the database used by CRS's JRE, follow the steps listed below exactly. Because the JRE installed is considered "private" - it is not listed in the registry at HKLM\Software\JavaSoft or placed in the System Path - failure to specify the path to the java.exe used by CRS can result in the update being applied to the incorrect JRE should other JREs be present on the machine.

Information regarding the tool that performs the JRE updates is available at the Sun Java SE TZupdater Tool page and in a README.html file with the tool itself.

fossilev700 Wed, 03/14/2007 - 07:19

Thanks for your reply CRS 4.0(1), 4.0(2), 4.0(3), 4.0(4), 4.5(1) are approved to use the JRE updater but I need conformation that the it won't cause issues with 3.5x

This Discussion